Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day Twelve- Biggest Loser

Hello WORLD! I am so happy today! I weighed myself, and I have lost another 2 pounds already! WOOHOO! All of that hard work is paying off BIG TIME! This new information inspired me to go above and beyond in my workouts today.

TODAY:
I woke up this morning and ran 1/2 mile on the treadmill. Work was wonderful- everything is once you've worked out. After work, I had a doctor's appointment. Sitting in that office made me restless. Why do they always make you wait??? Anyways, I got home and made dinner- we ate and then I worked out for an hour- I ran two miles on the treadmill (stepped it up a bit!) and did reps for my arms on my bowflex. Zane came in and did a few minutes on the stairstepper- but he didn't last to long. (ha!) I tease him and tell him if I am getting into shape- he better up his life insurance b/c I will live longer than him. (HAHA!) He just gives me a smile. He tries and comes in every now and then to workout. Of course- if I looked as good as him- I don't know that I would be all that motivated either. :-) I will do 5 minutes of abs before I go to bed tonight.

FOOD
Total Calories: 1390
Breakfast: 3/4 cup Cheerios &1/2 cup Skim Milk
(I forgot to pack my snack)
Lunch: lettuce wraps w/ ham and cheese & carrot chips
(No snack due to appt.)
Dinner: Chicken, Broccoli, and Wild Rice
Snack: Thin Mint cookie (my only sweet- DARN those GIRL SCOUTS!)

HOW DO I FEEL?

Still SUPER positive! This lifestyle change I really feel has made me a better person. I feel better about myself- which in turn makes me more fun to be around. I have more energy, which allows me to give more to others. I am really grateful for this change. I really feel like it is exactly what I needed. Heavenly Father knew I needed this to be happy. Not very many people know- but I have been struggling with depression for almost a year. It has been really difficult- no energy, crying for no reason at all, I just haven't been myself. I started some medicine a month ago which has really helped to improve my spirits- but honestly- the biggest difference has come from my dieting and exercise. It gets the endorphins going- I am finding that my jaw is sore at the end of the day from smiling so much. Who knew?! It's hard to frown when you know you are making lifechanging decisions that will benefit you so much! FOr anyone out there just starting- IT IS WORTH IT!!! EVERY MINUTE, EVERY CALORIE- IT IS ALL WORTH IT! There is no doubt in my mind- that no matter how much you lose each week- the difference in your self esteem, the difference in your health, the difference in your life is AMAZING!

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR THE DAY:

For all you beginners that may be reading this:

"More powerful than the will to win is the courage to begin. " - unknown

* For years- I have said I would do it- but it never lasted. It takes real courage to begin. Have the courage. Take that first step. Before you know you will be well on your way to a happier, healthier YOU!*

No comments: