Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day Thirteen- Biggest Loser

I had a difficult day today. Everything was great- I just feel guilty for lunch today. I didn't exceed my calories for the day- but I feel sick over the fact that I gave in to temptation and had a small french fry at lunch. I swore I wouldn't do that unless they were homemade baked and low-cal.
I guess I have to see these feelings of guilt as progress though. In the past, I wouldn't have thought twice about it- in fact I would have "up-sized" the order and smothered them in sauce, along with a big greasy double cheeseburger and a huge coke. So in a way- I guess the positive spin on this is- I actually REGRET the fries. Enough- that I won't do it again!
Any of you readers out there- I have a dilemma coming up- My sister is getting married in a few weeks and I have a plethera of showers to attend- and several I am throwing. We will be eating out for one of them. What can I do to stay within my caloric range- but still enjoy the social aspect. Remember- I don't have any control over what others serve at their showers. What do you suggest?

TODAY:

I ran for thirty minutes on the treadmill. I had planned on an hour- but I seem to have pulled something in my knee. I did my bowflex for my arms and that is it for tonight.

FOOD:
Total Calories: 1410

I woke up late- no breakfast (yikes!)
Snack: 100 cal snack pack
Lunch: Sandwich and small french fries
Dinner: Ham sandwich on whole wheat w/ 2 servings chips
Snack: Popcorn

HOW DO I FEEL?

Other than the guilt factor and a throbbing knee- I still feel GREAT! Everyday is one more day I am closer to my goal. I can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I gave up soda pop!

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR THE DAY:

"The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and faith to believe it is possible." - Richard Devos

*** I am trying and I have faith!***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Firt of all I would Hope that the showers are during the day. I would try to estimate the calories I am taking in while eating in moderation. If I indulged a little too much I would have an apple and veggies for dinner and call it a night. Just try to keep within calories while still enjoying a little of your favorite foods. Avoid cheeses, cream sauces, and the icing on the cake.