Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day Six- Biggest Loser

Today was difficult.

I snuck into the nurse's office at work and weighed myself. I expected with all of the hard work I have been doing to see a real difference- like 4 or even 5 lbs. No such luck. I was completely bummed and surprised when only 1 lb difference showed on the scale. How is that even possible? I have been working my butt off- and I have cut out so many calories. All I can say is I hope my husband is right. Zane reminded me that on the show Biggest Loser, there was a guy who actually gained three pounds, and then the very next week lost 13 pounds. He was doing the exact same thing- it just took him a little longer for his body to start losing. I am glad I didn't gain- but I hope that rings true for me too. I hope next week will have amazing results. However- there is still one day left before Friday's weigh in so I will use this as my motivation to kick it up a notch before then.

TODAY:

I woke up extra early and worked out- I double timed it and went twice as far! I was completely out of breath- but it felt great! Tonight- after I finish writing this I will do my second workout. No third workout today- I was too busy working on getting invitations for my sister's bridal shower out.

FOOD:
Total calories: 1396

Breakfast: 3/4 cup Cheerios 1/2 cup Skim Milk
Snack: 1/8 cup pistachios
lunch: Jr. bacon burger from Wendy's (310 cal)
snack: small avocado (116)
dinner: 1 1/2 cup homemade beef stew
snack: 8 oz. choc. skim milk

**I also drank 64 oz of water today.

HOW DO I FEEL?

This evening, the disappointment has worn off. I am really proud of myself for doing this for 6 straight days. I am noticing with each day that passes, it gets easier to eat less and I don't miss soda. The morning workouts I really look forward to and spring out of bed for. The only thing I am having trouble with is the after work workouts. Those still require major will power- just b/c I am pooped after work. But- all is well, and I will keep doing it.

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR THE DAY:

"The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and faith to believe it is possible." - Richard Devos

*** I have the will, I will keep the faith. It is possible- I see success in my future!***

No comments: