Friday, February 1, 2008

Biggest Loser

Well, today is the first day of the rest of my life. I am competing at work in a Biggest Loser competition. We are weighing in every Friday, the team with the most weight % lost at the end of 6 weeks wins. What do we win? CASH. (Quite the motivation)

I am super excited. For me, this is more than a competition- it is a chance to make a lifestyle change- something I have been wanting to do for a LONG time. I plan to update my blog daily with my progress, feelings, and triumps.

TODAY:
I woke up bright and early this morning and ran 1/4 mile full sprint- then got ready & went to work. After work, I ran 3/4 Mile and then walked 1/4 mile. I did 50 reps on my bowflex for my arms, 5 minutes of major cycling, and 2 minutes on the stair stepper (by then I was pooped.)

FOOD TODAY:
Breakfast- 3/4 cup cheerios w/ 1/2 cup skim milk
snack- 1/8 cup pistachios, 16.9 oz water
lunch- 2 cups romain lettuce, 3 oz. thinly sliced lean steak, 1 small avocado, 20 calories of italian vinaigrette (spray on) dressing, 16.9 oz water
snack- 1/8 cup pistachios, 16.9 oz water
dinner- small potato with fat free sour cream & chives, salad with parmesan and 120 calorie caesar dressing, 8 oz skim milk

HOW DO I FEEL:
AMAZING! (to sum it up in one word.) Who knew I could have this much energy? Who knew I would look forward to working out so much? I have given up soda completely - and I am happy. I didn't think that was possible. I feel so good about myself and my commitment to this. I can't wait to be a slimmer healthier me!



Inspirational Quote of the Day:

"You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction." - George Horace Lorimer