Sunday, March 30, 2008

Day 58

Well, it has been a little too long since I last wrote an entry. We were off for Spring Break- and I think I worked harder that week than I do when I am at work. I had to take advantage of that time to get real estate and home stuff done. I have stuck with my diet- no cheating yet! Unfortunately- I slacked off a bit in the exercise last week- but I am back on track now.

TODAY:
I woke up with extreme cramps- sometimes I really wish I were a guy... (ha!) It would be sooooo much easier. :-)

We worked on some cleaning today and met with my sister and her new husband- they are leaving on their honeymoon cruise tomorrow (JEALOUS!!!) We haven't gone on a real vacation in nearly 8 years! I keep telling myself, when I reach my goal weight- I am going to book a cruise for us and just surprise Zane.

This evening I went out with some friends to see the new movie "The Other Bolynn Girl". Wow- it was intense. It is really sad to think of the evils that go on in the world. The truly sad thing is that there are many women in numerous countries around the world that still are forced to submit to their husbands/fathers/brothers. They have no say in the things that go on in their life. We are very fortunate to live in America and to have the freedoms that we possess.

While we were out, we got to talking about getting healthy and losing weight. Several of them asked me what kinds of things I am eating to lose weight. It varies from day to day, but I thought I would write and sample menu from one day. I keep track on this program that Zane made for me- I put in everything that I eat, how many calories, and how much I exercise each day.

SAMPLE MENU:
Breakfast- 3/4 cup Honey nut Cheerios & 1/2 cup skim Milk 150 calories

Snack: 1/8 cup pistachios (without shells) *Protein gets your metabolism going 100 calories
Lunch: Wendy's Caesar Side Salad 270 calories
Snack: 2 cups popcorn 100 calories
Dinner: Long Grain Rice, Broccoli steamed, 3oz Baked Chicken (boneless/skinless breast) 680 calories
Snack: (MY TREAT) 8 oz. Chocolate Skim Milk 180 calories
TOTAL CALORIES: 1480

I try to exercise about 60 minutes or more a day. Some days I don't feel up to it- so I will miss. The important thing is my goal is 500 minutes of exercise each week. THe days that I miss, I have to make up. There was one week where in order to make my goal, I worked out for nearly 2 1/2 hours on the last day before weigh in. My weeks start on Friday and end on Thursday. I weigh in each Friday morning before breakfast.

MY NUMBER ONE RECCOMENDATION FOR LOSING WEIGHT:
Cut out the crap. Easy as that.
Cut out the sodas- regular & diet. Cut out the candy. Cut out the chips (that was hard). Cut out the pastries/donuts. Cut back on portions- especially beef, MEXICAN food, and potatos. Some won't hurt- but Portion control on these foods is a MUST!


MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE FOR THE DAY:

"Don't bunt. Aim out of the ballpark." -David Ogilvy

Think about it- if you want to truly be succesful, you have to give it all you've got. If you just try a little here and there- you won't progress enough to reach your goal. I can't even remember how many times I've said- Oh I am going to change this one thing and that will help me lose weight. Or- if I just do this, I should see a difference. It wasn't until I was totally truly committed that I made the progress I was wanting. I feel like I sent that ball sailing- and if I continue on this path- it will be out of the ballpark. I would love to make it a GRAND SLAM and help all of my friends make it too.

*****REMEMBER- you have to LOVE YOURSELF- MORE than you love the things that are hurting your body. I love myself too much to put the caffeine and extra sugar in my body. If you love yourself, you will find that your body will feel healthier- and you will be happier. You will have pride in the choices you have made. It isn't easy- but stick with it- IT DOES GET EASIER. Honestly- the first 3 days were the hardest- after that, it wasn't that bad.

No comments: