Sunday, March 2, 2008

Day 31- Biggest Loser

KICKIN' IT UP A NOTCH!

Today was day 31 of changing my life. I am really proud of my hubby- he has given up sodas now too (4 days clean & sober) :-)

I really am stepping it up this week- I want this next weigh in to be amazing. I need to lose 7 more pounds before March 15th to reach my first goal and then another 20 to reach my true goal. I am pushing myself harder than ever before. I am keeping my caloric intake about the same- I am actually going to increase it some to between 1400 and 1500- instead of staying under 1400. Looking back over the last few weeks on my spreadsheet- I lost more when I was in the 1500 range than when I decreased it. I think I may have gotten a little too eager and decreased a little too much. This week should show me if I am right. I am stepping up my workouts bigtime this week. In the past few weeks my weekly total minutes working out has been between 310 - 330 minutes. This week, the goal is 500 minutes. I am well on my way after tonight!

EXERCISE:
I worked out for 90 minutes tonight. I did 3 miles on the treadmill, 20 minutes of cycling, 10 minutes of stairstepper, and 110 reps on the bowflex (arms). WHEW! I worked up some MAJOR SWEAT! I felt like I was swimming in it- (Gross!- but also a good feeling) It's cool to know I am working hard enough to sweat like that.

FOOD:
Total Calories: 1495

Still- NO Junk food or SODA!!!!

HOW DO I FEEL?

WONDERFUL!!!!! I know this week is going to be a killer week. We have TAKS testing at the elementary school this week- so the extra workouts will be a great way to burn all of that STRESS! Also- my sister's wedding is in less than 2 WEEKS!!!! I have to finish all of the centerpieces, finish my mom's sarong, figure out how to wear my hair (DYE my hair), use some bronzer on my pastey pale skin (It's a BEACH wedding), and finish my top secret surprise for her. WOW! That's a lot to do!!! Not to mention- LIFE- cleaning, cooking, budgeting, TAXES...

A little OVERWHELMED..... but GOOD! Exercising really helps me to get all of that out of my head and off of my chest. It makes me feel ALIVE.

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR THE DAY:

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle


***I know these new habits I have formed are leading me on a path to excellence.***

No comments: