Sunday, July 1, 2007

Never thought I'd do this...

Well, here it is 2007- and I am finally getting into the world of blogging- thanks to my good friend Ismari. I guess in the past, I never really saw the use in it- but I must admit, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading Ismari's thoughts, and so I have decided to begin writing my own.

Well, as everyone who is reading this knows- my life is a bit of a whirlwind all of the time. Every now and then, little glimpses of sunshine peek through and make all of the craziness worthwhile. Friday, I had one of those moments. I have been running and teaching at a summer camp all summer, and on Friday- I was pretty wiped out. This little boy came up to me and gave me a great big hug and said, "Thank you for all of the work you put into our class. You make everything so much fun. I wish all my teachers were like you." WOW! As a teacher- this kind of comment melts your heart- we don't hear 1st and 2nd graders say things like that everyday. It made all of the stress and countless hours and overtime worthwhile. This little boy even cried when his mom picked him up for the last time- he was sad he wouldn't get to see me again. It's funny how a small thing like someone thanking you can make life brighter. What a great example to me to remember to thank all of the people that make a difference in my life. That is one of my goals this year- to remember to take the time and thank those who make a difference in my life.

1 comment:

Izzy said...

Heather...you are the BOMB. You know I love you because you are the sweetest girl I have ever met. And I am glad to see that you are doing SWELL. I miss going on our 'Girls Hour Out'. I will never forget serving with you in Young Womens. I never knew you could actually serve with someone who was rather is AWESOME! Love you - Ismari